As of this writing we've been in China for a week and change. In that time:
- I ripped the toenail on my left big toe
- I nearly twisted my ankle and almost broke my Birkenstock. Without glue and tools I will make due.
- One of Eleanor's eyes is red and sore
- We're both jet lagged from the 15 hour time change but we're adapting
- I've had a bout of Chairman Mao's revenge and Eleanor has had several, perhaps enough for honorary member in the Chinese Communist Party
- Something bit Eleanor and her arm swelled up like a sausage
- I've got the sniffles and a sore throat, maybe from too much A/C or being packed in too tightly on trains and buses and having half of the population of the People's Republic of China sneeze on me.